I don't mean this to sound rude but you said in one post that you're middle class. How do you afford your clothes?
You can make fun of me for what I’m about to tell you, but I never said I was rich. Online shopping is your friend. I never pay full price for anything.
- Shop online. A lot of stores have online-only sales.
- Factory stores. Same product, cheaper price.
- Register your email to stores you like. A lot of places offer 20% off your first order when you register. You’ll also get promo codes and info about sales.
- If not, google promo codes before you check out online.
- Order out of season. I order winter clothes early because they’re dirt cheap right now.
- When shopping in stores, I shop sales. Plus student discounts.
- Lilly Pulitzer has a huge summer sale. Brooks Brothers has a 70% off After-Father’s day sale. And you can use a student discount on top of that. You learn things.
- Poshmark is great too
I registered my email for J.Crew factory. Got notified about a promo and paid Old Navy prices for the same $60 shorts they sell at J.Crew. Shit works.
And not everything I own is name brand either.. Old navy has good quality linen shorts. And Forever 21 is a hit or miss, but a lot of my dressier blouses are from there.